WFNRS offers two International Outreach Professorship Awards in collaboration with ASNR’s Anne G. Osborn International Outreach Professorship Program every year. All individual members of WFNRS member societies who fulfill the eligibility criteria may apply for these two positions.
Please Note: This program is currently on hold due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
Rules of WFNRS International Outreach Professorship Awards
- Applications will open in every year for Professorships that are to be held the following year. The WFNRS will use the same application form as the one used by ASNR’s International Collaborations Committee (ICC). The application form is intended to be brief, with an emphasis on the applicant’s teaching skills and experience. Preference will be given to applicants who have not been an outreach professor in the past three years.
- The “WFNRS Travelling Grants Selection Committee” will also serve for the selection of the “WFNRS’s International Outreach Professorship Awards”. The Chair of the ASNR International Collaborations Committee will be an ex-officio member of this Committee. The Chair of the ASNR ICC will assist to cross-reference the WFNRS recommendations against the ICC list of the ICC’s ten selections to ensure there are no conflicts or duplications and create a final cohort of 12 professorships each year.
- All applications for the two “WFNRS International Outreach Professorship Awards” shall be reviewed by the “WFNRS Travelling Grants Selection Committee”, who will recommend a rank-ordered short list of its selections (up to 10) to the WFNRS Board for WFNRS Board approval.
- The WFNRS Board may limit the number of outreach professors from the same country to make sure WFNRS is diverse and inclusive to all WFNRS member societies’ individual members.
- The host country/organization will be notified of the WFNRS selections and will participate in the final decision regarding which applicant they host. The host country is offered this role in the decision-making process to avoid situations where the host might perceive they are being asked to host a professor they do not wish.
- A “match” will be held between the applicant’s rank order and the host country’s rank order. Applicants will be notified of the match results in September.