New Deadlines for ESNR and AOSNR Travelling Grants!
WFNRS has extended the deadline to apply for Travelling Grants for two neuroradiology meetings:
- AOCNR 2023 (August 18 – 20, 2023, Singapore) – new deadline June 5, 2023
- ESNR 2023 (September 20 – 24, 2023, Vienna, Austria) – new deadline July 14, 2023
Please note: The submission deadline for the ASNR Annual Meeting has passed.
Goal: This travelling grant program intends to foster the development of young and in-training neuroradiologists in the field of both diagnostic and interventional neuroradiology by supporting their attendance at major neuroradiological meetings organized by ESNR, ASNR, AOSNR, and Symposium Neuroradiologicum (SNR).
Funding: WFNRS will support six (6) Travelling Grants every year of the above-mentioned meetings, each with a stipend of up to $2000.00. During the year of SNR the stipend goes to support only SNR. A check for the total value of the grant will be given in person to the awardees at the time of the Congress they are attending. The schedule of the grant ceremony will be informed and published in advance.
Eligibility: Applicant should be a radiologist/neuroradiologist under 40 years of age, in training, or within 3 years of having completed training. Applicant should be a member of one of the WFNRS member societies. This should be confirmed by the member society. Applicant should work at an institution located at least 500 kilometers distance from the meeting venue, and/or outside the country of the meeting venue. Applicant may apply only once in a specific year (from January 1 to December 31).
Selection: WFNRS Travelling Grants Selection Committee will select the candidates and send to the Executive Committee of WFNRS for approval. The decision of the WFNRS Executive Committee is final. Approved candidates will be informed in advance so that these individuals have time to plan their travel and will be publicized on the WFNRS website.
Application: The following documents are required:
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae including detailed information of applicant’s institution
- Letter certifying that the candidate is a certified or in-training radiologist/neuroradiologist
- Support letter from the head of his/her department
- Letter of intention from the candidate
- Expected scientific presentations at the Congress to attend (Candidates who submit scientific papers and are accepted for presentation have a greater opportunity of being granted the stipend.)
- Membership proof of the member societies of WFNRS.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
Applications for the WFNRS Travelling Grants should be submitted to: Karen Lyp, WFNRS Director of Administration, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected candidate responsibility:
Permission: Selected candidate accepts to give permission, rights for the ceremony pictures, documents, and final reports to be published on the WFNRS website, social media etc. once approved by the Executive Committee or a designated individual.
Final Report: After attending the Congress the selected candidates must write his/her experiences and participation emphasizing how the WFNRS grant enhanced his/her education.